Your Complete Pre-Flooring Checklist
At Siena Flooring Inc., we understand that choosing the perfect flooring material for your home can be quite a challenge. The pre-flooring phase can be viewed as stressful or laborious, but with a little preparation, you can handle your flooring needs quickly and easily.
As experienced flooring experts, we’ve created a handy checklist to help you make satisfying decisions with as little stress as possible. Follow our complete pre-flooring checklist to efficiently purchase the flooring that matches your needs so that you can get back to the other important things in life.
1. Research the different products available for the space you are working on.
2. With a product in mind call the store to book a “site measure” with a flooring expert.
3. While the site is being measured, ensure you have your questions ready for the expert while they are there.
4. After the site has been measured, you will receive a budget quote based on the product and quality of the product you have talked about with the associate.
5. Call the showroom and book a consultation with the design consultant.
6. Bring pictures and paint samples, if available. Cabinet colors if they come into play with the new floors, as it will help with the design process.
7. Once you have narrowed down the products, you are interested in ask for samples of the products to take home, especially if you are unsure of their appearance in your house at the time of the appointment.
8. Follow up with the designer when you have decided on the selection you would like.
9. At the time of selection, ask your flooring expert to make sure that the products you are looking at fit into the budget numbers you were given and if they don’t, ask how much of an upgrade you’d have to make to your budget.
10. If possible, take on the old flooring removal yourself to save some money. If not, make sure that the removal is part of the quote you were given. The associate handling your requirements should ask at the time of measuring whether you would like the installers to take care of the removal of or if you will be doing it yourself.
11. Once you are sure of your selection and want to move forward with the process look at your calendar and decide on the days that will work for you and ask the installation experts to try and accommodate the days you have available.
12. Be prepared that some products will take longer than others to be brought in from the manufacturers.
13. Before the installers arrive, make sure that they access the work site. You can either ensure someone stays back home or you can drop off a key at the flooring store.
14. Move any furniture that you can move out of the space to be worked on.
15. If large furniture needs to be moved by the installer, make sure this is included on your quote as it will incur extra costs.
16. Upon completion of the project, inspect the new flooring with the installer, and address any concerns you may have at that time.
17. Research the care and maintenance of the product you have selected.
18. Inspect your floor and bring up any concerns you have before the end of your one-year install warranty.
19. Keep a record of the names and manufacturers of your product as well as the copy of the product warranty for any future issues if they happen to arise.
20. If you’re happy with the service and product, you have selected be sure to tell others. There is no better way to say thanks to your flooring experts than through a referral!
If you have any concerns about installing new floors or you’re looking for a flooring company in Calgary, Alberta, reach out to the experienced flooring experts at Siena Flooring Inc. We are a locally owned and operated business with over sixty-five years of experience in providing clients with extraordinary floors. Our team is with you every step of the way, from selection to installation, as we aim to offer you everything you need.